The ‘Free Expression Online’-Coalition was established as a follow up to the first Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Greece in November 2006. It aims to further freedom of expression and the media on the Internet. It will provide an open platform to exchange information, advance initiatives in the field of Internet governance and freedom of expression and serve as an informal community to organize meetings and other initiatives, thus feeding into the IGF process for 2007 in Brazil and beyond.
Coalition partners include the following institutions and organizations or representatives thereof:
• Amnesty International (ai) UK
• Article 19
• communica-ch: Swiss platform for the information society
• Council of Europe
• The Danish Institute for Human Rights
• Electronic Frontier Foundation
• Institute of International Law and International Relations, University of Graz
• International Publishers Association (IPA)
• Internet Governance Project (IGP)
• IP Justice
• Net Dialogue
• The Office of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media
• Reporters sans frontières
• The World Press Freedom Committee
This list is open to all interested parties.
Statements of the FOEonline Coalition or members thereof are always representing personal views and do not necessarily reflect the position of one or more institutions or the entirety of the coalition unless explicitly stated.